Thursday, October 05, 2006

Forbidden Fruit part 4: Coma



I sat for days waiting for Colonel Fury to wake from his coma, the nurse informed me that the Dr wanted to see me.

After talking with the Dr we decided to try to use a stimulant to bring Nick from his coma…

The Dr stuck the needle in, slowly he injected Nick with the fluid….

The Colonel jerked a little and then his eyes fluttered.

" Colonel? Colonel?" I called out as I saw his eyes open

"Do you know your name? Can you tell us your rank?" The Dr began bombarding Nick with questions…

As he looked around he seemed both confused and a bit embarrassed… "I am fine damn it.. Just give me a second to wake up.." he yelled…

"You were in a coma… " I stated before I could say another word a person stormed into the room..

"Fury! I need to speak with you! Privately!" The tall Black man said…

"Cinders?" The Colonel sat up in his hospital bed, "Clear the room… Everyone except Miss Romanova." He looked at this man, Cinders, "You can trust her."

After the Dr reluctantly left Cinders who was pacing back and forth began rambling like a lunatic…. "Man, I came here to see how you were and then…. I trusted you! We all did! How could you let it happen?"

"What are you talking about?" Fury asked

" If it weren't for you man I would have never have joined the program. I trust you and John but I have never been to sure about living where I could be found. I knew how smart these future things were. Still I trusted you and got in the program. I knew the best way to know if one of those things was sent back, was to watch the Obituaries. I mean if we started dropping like flies, being murder right… So I made arrangements that if anyone with the program died it would be listed in every Obituary of every newspaper in DC. I made it my daily routine to read the obituary every morning, Fritter, Jones, Shane… I figured that if a terminator came and killed one of us I would have time to warn the others and most importantly disappear. However this new one… " He threw a newspaper at Nick and I picked it up…

"What are you saying?" the Colonel asked

"What am I saying? What am I say? I am saying they are dead you SOB!" Cinders screamed…

I interrupted, "Are you being just a little paranoid? Fritter, you mean Lynn Fritter? According to the Obituary she died of natural causes, she died in her sleep. A heart attack."


"Paranoid is what has kept me alive lady! Tell me what 26-year-old in peek physical condition dies of a heart attack… Look I may not be a SHIELD agent but you tell me… 6 members of the program all die in one night. ONE NIGHT! ALL of Shane's family was killed and all the same way… In their sleep from an apparent heart attack… 4 died in their sleep apparent heart attacks; Rifts, he slept walked right into a chemical vat and Jones OD…. What are the odds huh? I am telling you this is a Terminator, a new one… A powerfully smart one… If I had stayed in that apartment I think my name would been in that paper…." He frantically hollered…

"Calm down, Go somewhere safe, here isn't safe.. GO!" Nick fussed at Cinders trying to get out of his bed…
"WOAH, wait, your no condition to get up sir…" I pushed the Colonel down as Cinders took off…

"Listen to me, just before I woke I had a dream, Cinders name was mentioned, The fact he wasn't at the residence he was assigned was also mentioned… " Nick barked…

"Get back in bed, I will call up a file…" I pulled my lap top logged into the SHIELD database and asked for the to do a search on the following words…





I looked up at Nick… "SHIELD case file #8999746-001TX…. Name….."

"SKY, as in formally Skynet before she uploaded all her systems to a Terminatrix and then became half mutant during the incident with Cyberdyne… Magneto's little tin can was in my DAMN head!"

I looked at my commander, "What did she do?"

Nick couldn't look me in the eyes just then my laptop exploded… "Colonel I think she has control of SHIELD's database and computers…"

Just then Scott Summers and Carol Danvers walked in….

5 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

Wow. That was a little overwhelming, Black Widow. Coming into the story in the middle like this, I only picked up some references to X-men and those Terminator movies. I like the level of your writing and the BW cartoon near the bottom was a show-stopper! LOL

Michele sent me over, BW.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I think you have a problem boming up, BW.

10:39 AM  
Blogger BlondeBrony said...

Very talented writing.
Michele says hi

12:53 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

Your site is amazingly creative and very unique! Cool layout and design.
Visiting from Michele's
~S

12:58 PM  
Blogger Black Widow said...

sorry about that Ute
yes Capt we do
thanks for coming all

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Black Widow's Web-blog