Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Kiss and Tell, a night-time story... part 1


Blade soon left to find Vampirella and I went to see Mr. Fury. He would want to know why I have not registered the daywalker.

"Incompetent!" Mr. Deacon yelled, "Nick Fury do you have nothing but fools working for you? First this Miari was not able to control the Sayian situation and now your top Agent can't bring in a simple Vigilante." Mr. Deacon stormed from the room and I bent to face Nick who was sitting thoughtfully at his desk…

"I do not like this Mr. Deacon. Mr. Fury, in case my superiors haven't noticed…. Nick, the population of Vampires has doubled in a short time. The days are shorter and something is just off… With all respect, you were arrogant before when you told Vampirella, 'Somone thinks alot of herslf doesn't she, Don't worry we lowly humans will do just fine on our own.'. Don't make the same mistake twice… Can't you see, something is…." Before I could finish a loud thunder and then quake and trembling shook the building…

"What is…" Nick stood and went to the door…

I followed, everyone was leaving the building and looking to the sky pointing…

"Mr. Fury do we have any reports of an upcoming eclipse?" I asked

Nick shook his head, "that is no Eclipse."

The Sun went black and the sky turned from day into the velvet violet of night…. Then a flash of dark red lightening flashed… The Agents on both our sides fell after their blood was zapped and pulled by the lightening vein. Humans across the street and within the street fell to a dried empty corpse of dust…

They just fell only a few of us stood alive… As quick as it flashed and came it was gone… There was a momentary quiet then the silence was broken…. The Howls of the wind were followed by the orchestra of howling wolves, werewolves and the screams… god the screams of thousands of victims… From the ash rose Zombies and from the Shadows walked out Vampires….

Mr. Fury grabbed a gun he had tucked in the back of his pants…

"Silver bullets?" I inquired

Nick gave a nervous smile, "I am like a boyscout Miss Romanova, always prepared."

I fired my stingers at the blood suckers hearts but nothing happened… Mr. Fury fired his weapon and it left a large hole where once was their beating heart… Then blood began to swirl like an atom and then a heart reformed and began to beat as the chest healed up….

The Shield Agent next to me had his signature weapon, a silver boomerang. He threw it cutting the heads off of several but….

The heads lifted and snaky strands of blood came from their neck and pulled their heads back into place…

"This isn't good. Everyone back inside and turn on the UV security lamps." Mr. Fury ordered…

I called to Mr. Fury still firing stingers, "What is happening why are they not dying?"

Several Agents were swarmed and fell to the attacking Vampires

As we entered the building steal doors sealed… I turned to my boss, "What is happening…"

"Seems you were right, I was arrogant. Everyone to the Hellicarrier." Mr. Fury moved to the back as the heavy bulkhead doors were bent several times…. Something was beating its way through…

Nick threw me a rifle and then continued, "If Blade does succeed in bringing Vampirella back, it may be too late for us all…"

Just then the Vampires entered the room in swarms but as the UV security lamps caught them they exploded into dust…

Nick smiled, "Well it's good to know they are still vulnerable to UV rays…."

The portal opened and Mr. Fury moved toward it…

"Mr. Fury… Nick," I do not know why at this moment I did what I did, after all he is my boss but perhaps it was the moment and well, after all I am Russian and Romance is my life, I grabbed Nick with my hands pulling him in for a very passionate kiss, "be careful." I somersaulted away from the portal to the Hellicarrier and grabbed an UV pole lamp, I began using it like a fighting staff…

"Black Widow!" I heard my boss call

"Go! Someone has to find Miari, if Blade can't bring Vampirella back perhaps he can…" I screamed as I was covered in Vampire dust and ash…

I fought my way out…

After running through the allies I came up on several SHIELD agents. They were killing humans not Vampires…

"What are you doing?" I demanded to know

"Any human is a potential Vampire. If we kill them we prevent them turning…" The large body agent stated

"What?!?!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing

"We are SHIELD, We had the Heroes register to prevent trouble in the future now we kill humans to prevent them from turning into Vampires.." He said as if what he was stating was logical

"Mr. Fury never approved of this!" I yelled but was ignored… I stepped aside and hit a button. Octopus arms extended to my mouth and into my ear and a finally one over my eye, within seconds I had both visual and audio contact with Mr. Fury…

"Mr. Fury this is Black widow we have Agents killing…" I immediately began to report

Nick's arms were fold and he looked unhappy, "I know. The Agents will not listen and give us no choice… Black Widow…. Retire those agents.."

I used my stingers and attacked the gents within seconds they were retired… Now I only hope I can find Miari Briefs

1 Comments:

Blogger Cyclops said...

Vampires. Why did it have to be vampires?

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Black Widow's Web-blog